Center Avenue United Methodist Church has resumed its normal Adult Sunday School and Worship Service. Measures are being taken to provide a clean and safe space for worship.
Masks are required. If possible, please bring your own. We will have a limited supply of masks if you need one. Masks must cover the mouth and nose.
If you are ill or not comfortable with attending at this time, please take care of yourself and remain at home. Links to the weekly sermons can be found on our website.
The following guidelines and rules will be in place to protect everyone in our congregation:
· The sanctuary, restrooms, and entrance/exits will be cleaned and sanitized prior to each service.
· Hand sanitizer will be available at the top of each set of steps at the beginning of the service and at the bottom at the end of the service. Doors will be propped open before and after the service. Weather permitting, we will leave them open, otherwise, they will be closed so we can use the air conditioning.
· Social distancing of at least six feet will be maintained. Seating signs will be posted at each entrance. Every other pew will be marked to be left vacant – this makes the distance between occupied pews over six feet. Seating will be at the end of each row of pews and in the center. Family groups must remain six feet from other attendees.
· Everyone is required to wear a mask and maintain the six foot distancing. Signs will be posted at the entrances. We will have disposable masks available. Anyone appearing ill will be directed to go home or seek medical attention.
· No physical contact is permitted. Wave instead of shaking hands or elbow bumping. No hugging. Maintain six foot distancing at all times.
· As you enter, please proceed to a pew. Do not congregate in the back of the church.
· The congregation size will not be limited as long as we are able to maintain social distancing in the pews.
· No bulletins. Service will be projected on the screen as we have been doing.
· No singing, for now. We will have hymns – the words will be projected. It will be a time for prayer and reflection.
· Hymnals and bibles have been removed. Upper Rooms are available by request.
· We will Wave the Peace.
· Offering will be placed in a basket in the back of the sanctuary. Counters have been instructed to sanitize after counting.
· We will have communion on the first Sunday of each month with the sealed communion elements.
· Attendance will be taken and a photograph of where people are sitting will be used in case of a need for contact tracing. We will be requesting up-to-date contact information from everyone who attends. Visitors will be asked to provide contact information.
· Restrooms will be open. Instructional signs for hand washing and drying will be posted.
· Anyone becoming ill during a service will be isolated in the parsonage living room. A designated member will accompany the person and remain with them until arrangements are made for safe transport.